Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessmohring_gw

Zone 7a and having issues this winter.

jessmohring
14 years ago

Hello all! My boyfriend and I purchased a beautiful passion flower plant about seven months ago, and haven't had any issues with it until now. We had it outside in a hanging pot all spring through early fall, then once the weather began to drop around 50 degrees farenheit, we decided to bring it inside. It's in a second floor "foyer" area, in the corner between two windows. It thrived there at first, then I suspect it got too cold, as the leaves began to severely droop (it certainly didn't need any water), turn yellow, and drop.

So we brought it further indoors, where it continued to suffer. We haven't brought her completely back, but there is still a good half of the plant that is producing new growth (the runners and leaves). Most of the other leaves have already dropped, or are yellowed. If they ARE green, they're very delicate/droopy, almost like soft velvet to the touch. The living runners are either fine, or droopy as well, where as the dead runners are black and brittle. Like I said, about 90% of the plant is obviously still alive.

We have put our potted passion flower (which is at a good size, now outgrowing it's 8" pot) back out into the foyer area, where it seems to do best. We love this plant, and it does SO WELL here in the spring and summer, we just need some advice on winterizing her. I read some past posts of similar topics and they didn't offer much help. We have not fed this plant since we got it, I was waiting until it got a little more stable to do that. I just need some advice guys, if you don't mind. Please help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals