Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P. membranacea cuttings for postage

Posted by mark4321 9b CA Sunset 15 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 8, 09 at 21:44

Sorry to post this here--it should be on the exchange pages. However I have cuttings all set and ready to go--I pruned my vine before our freeze. They are trimmed down to just about nothing--a small 2 or 3 node cutting with just a fraction of one leaf.

I have a couple sets of 10 cuttings. I would send so many because I and others have had trouble rooting these in the past. However I have had great luck rooting these cuttings recently--I was able to get 22/29 to root recently. So hopefully the cuttings will be enough to generate a couple plants.

Just in case, I can send a small just rooted cutting along with the unrooted ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Other post on rooting P. membranacea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P. membranacea cuttings for postage

Could you tell me how hardy this species is. I live in NC in Z-7 and would be intersted if you think they will survive. Thanks, Mark

o

I've heard roughly 25 F. The coldest mine has gotten is 28 F the last two mornings--it has no damage. Zone 7 would be way to cold.

o

Hey Mark I sent you an email. definitely interested:)

o

Please send info. Very interested! Thanks!

Michele

o

Michelle,

I'm out of unrooted cuttings but you should contact me. I can't contact you--you have no email listed. If it's new to you click on "my page" to find my email.

o

Hey Mark,
Did you get my email?

o

Hi Passionlove,

I emailed you Sunday night. I'll try again--let me know if it doesn't make it.

o

just a note on membrancea.....mine took the heat very well....had it in almost full shade...but died at 28 degrees!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here