Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fabiaoit

Hello to everybody

fabiaoit
18 years ago

Dear All,

I'm a new entry from Italy. I really love Tree peonies and hope we can share our knowledge about them.

Sorry for my english that is very bad.

Fabio

Comments (5)

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    18 years ago

Welcome Fabio. Most of us know little of climate zones in Italy. What is your average winter low tempertures and summer highs? Al

• fabiaoit
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi al,

Thanks for your welcome message.

I live near Florence in the middle of Italy.

The winter temperatures is Between 10°C and -7°C and in summer is between 18°C and 31°C.

I don't know which is our climate zone? Do you know?

Fabio

• goted
    18 years ago

Welcome Fabio!

Come estai?

I really am interested in tree peonies. I have seedlings of Paeonia ostii.
    Do you grow any of the species tree peonies?
    There is a well known Italian peony expert, I believe Gian Lupo? I wonder if he lets people collect seed from some of his peonies.

Firenze is such a lovely city.

Do you live in a small town like San Gimiangno(pardon my poor spelling)?

Look forward to hearing of your peonies.

Ted.

• fabiaoit
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your welcome message.

I live in a small Town called VINCI, where Leonardo was born. Is a Very small village in the tuscan Olive Tree Hills. I grow many different Tree peonies, to be more precise: SHIMANO FUJI, PEONY DELAVAY, PEONY DELAVAY VAR. LUTEA, DOU LU, PEONY ROCKII XUE LIAN, GUAN SHI MO YU and I want to extend my collection with some more Peony Species as OSTII and POTANINII and with some special cultivar as SHIMA NISHIKI and HIGH NOON.

What do you think of my selection? In my area the tree peony grown very well.

I have also some seedling from my plants seeds but I don't know yet their colors.

Last year (2005) I tried new techniques of seeds germination with the GA-3, but is too early to say if it is usefull.

I have the book THE BOOK OF TREE PEONY by Gian Lupo Ostii that is a "BIBLE" of tree peony growing. I know that is gardenn is open to the public but I don't know precisely where it is. I'll research.

Ciao

Fabio

• natalie4b
    17 years ago

Hello Fabio,

I was wondering if you had a chance to visit Gian Lupo's garden and what was your impression. I am planning to visit Italy next year or so, and particulary interested in gardens.

~Natalie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting