Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mid winter break

Posted by maifleur 5b-6 MO (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 19, 07 at 21:46

I just received my Gardening Center Association newsletter. Don Hollingsworth is scheduled to speak at the Discovery center, 4750 Troost, Kansas City, MO on Saturday, February 3, 2007, at 9:30 am. His topic will be "Peonies for the Heartland". Most of the GCA talks are accompanied by lots of pictures. If you come early there are goodies to eat along with coffee and other things.

I just hope the weather is good that weekend and he has his new 2007 lists available.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mid winter break

Being quite a newbie to peonies, I was going to ask who Don was, when I decided to Google him instead.

My search yielded this wonderful article written by him.

Sue....wanting to learn more about peonies

Here is a link that might be useful: Breeding Modern Peonies: Suggestions for Success

o

I would love to go to a talk on peonies, but as far as I know we don't get to many of them around here.

Sue, you can also visit his website from which he sells peonies. I have not purchased anything from him yet, but have heard many good things about his nursery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hollingsworth Peonies

o

Amulet,

I wish you would not have provided that link. They are Fabulous!

Until now I have been 'fairly' content just adding numerous named varieties in the <$10 range, and a lot of them <$5.

hmmmm....They are all just so pretty...with the exception of a very few...(see thread I fail to see the beauty in this one)

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here