Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree peonies are already starting to sprout 2013

Posted by stevelau1911 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 22:09

It was very warm with highs getting up to 69F on one day last week, but this week is probably going to be the coldest week of the year in the single digits.

The problem is that some of my tree peony seeds are starting to sprout outside so the only thing I can do is hope that there is enough lake effect snow to keep them insulated as it gets down into the single digits for the next 3 nights.

These guys sprout so easily with a little bit of warmth so I hope they can survive. Here's a picture.

This looks pretty impressive going into its 1st year, but hopefully it is hardy enough to survive until it is safe to sprout.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree peonies are already starting to sprout 2013

I started herbaceous peony bed 2 years ago. The way I found this forum was mine too began sprouting this early & I wanted to know what to do. Turned out the answer was do nothing they'll be fine, and they were. Pic is last spring, this one started sprouting earliest & it's first spring.
Hope the same is true of tree peonies.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here