Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 17:56

Link to the article

http://www.verschoorperennials.com/articles/62-peonies.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Article about Development of Itoh Peonies

• Posted by Moxx 10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 24, 14 at 20:57

Yes, I've read this article before. The first thing popped into my mind is that this is a small step in the whole scheme of things. Unlike roses, peony can only produce flowers annually.

So, if you are amazed at a couple of generations in mutating peonies in America, take a look at what nature has produced in China in thousands of years. Peony (tree) is China's unofficial plant. Here are some pictures of the 2014 Chinese peony festival:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Chinese+peony+festival+pictures&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=TMowU9qCIpOrqQG0rICIDQ&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=605

Joe Rock introduced a species of peony trees from China in the 1920s. This type of plant has 10 times the fragrance of a peony. Only now it becomes a hot item in north Amerian. Because of the popular demand, one Canadian nursery supplier is offering the "Rockii" peony trees. He doesn't know the colour of the plants. His only interest is to make a profit selling each plant at $55 each.

Google a search on Chinese peonies and you will find Chinese peonies with all sorts of different colours like green, blue and black (very dark red) peonies. In fact, peony seeds from China are selling on EBay at dirt cheap prices.

Want to get rich in America? Mutate new plants from these Chinese peony seeds!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here