Coral Sunset
Do Tell
Pink Hawaiian Coral
Senorita

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions on these Cultivars Please

I have Do Tell and think it's quite nice. I plan on adding a couple of the Coral's this year. :)

Diann
IA Z5a

o

I too have Do Tell and presently trying to find Pink Hawaian Coral of decent size at a reasonable price. They are terribly expensive even for the misleading "generous" two to three eyes root.

o

Kevin

Sorry to say I will not help you much on several of the cultivars. I do grow Do Tell and Coral Sunset. Like the others that have answered Do Tell is nice. The plant seems to be a smaller size. Coral Sunset is my favorite of the Corals that I grow. The flowers open quite pink and change by the end of the first day to coral. Then pale throught the next few days to finally a rather light cream. You can have flowers at different stages which gives a look of assorted colors on the same bush. It really is a nice statement in the garden.

I have seen Pink Hawaiian Coral and I thought that I was seeing Coral Sunset. I dont think that Pink Hawaiian Coral pales as much before the flower is finished. I don't know if they bloom at the same time. If they do I doubt that you would want both.

Appearantly there are two different cultivars named Senorita out there. I assume you are talking about the latest one from Klehm's.

o

It seems "Do Tell" is very popular! I grow it also and it is very nice. It's a lovely pale pink, fading to white as it ages. Brother Chuck is one on my list of Maybes to order this year. It is supposed to fragrant if my memory serves me. I don't do much coral because it doesn't seem to fit with the colors elsewhere in my garden. I did buy Abalone Pearl last year and then wouldn't you know I got another one as a bonus from Khlem's! I don't think you can really go "wrong" with a peony from a reputable seller like Khlem's. It just depends on what you're looking for. Happy hunting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here