Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Benjamin Franklin Peony

Posted by rustyshovel 5-IN (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 7:22

Anybody growing this one? I planted one last year...it's reputed to be a later-blooming variety, and hasn't come up yet. My Sarah Bernhardt right next to it has broken ground, so I'm just getting concerned about this one.

Any other comments about the cultivar would be appreciated...not much in the literature about this one...must be relatively new?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Benjamin Franklin Peony

Check out link. If it cooperates. Benjamin Franklin is from 1907 by Brand. I am seeing several of the oler peonies being sold again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carsten's website

o

Thanks maifleur...I think the winter wet must have got mine, but it's nice to know what it coulda been...

o

It's a beauty!

Not all peonies break ground the same week. Some of mine have, some not yet. So don't lose hope! They are worth the wait!

o

Hey! It's back...guess what...I had moved it towards the end of last year, and temporarily forgot where it was placed within the bed. Now it's up.

Cool! Can't wait to see this one bloom...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here