Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upside down? Peonies

Posted by bausman none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 9:30

I purchased some tubers that sprouted before I had time to plant. They were still in the holed bags and it looked like some were upside down so the sprouts were coming up from underneath. I quickly planted them, I don't think the eyes are on top. I think I'll have to dig them up this fall and put them right. What should I have done (besides get them in the ground earlier)? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upside down? Peonies

I think they would eventually work themselves out as long as the roots were pointed down. I've gotten some beforre where the majority of the eyes seemed to be on the wrong side, I just planted roots down and they grew fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here