Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scarzi

Cheap Tree Peonies at KMart, HomeDepot

scarzi
19 years ago

Has anyone seen the cheap tree peonies at the stores this year?

A few years ago I would see boxed tree poenies at places like Walmart for about $7.

Comments (11)

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    19 years ago

I can't get to Costco and haven't seen tree peonies at any of the box stores that had them last year. I waited till this year to treat myself!!! I think I waited too long, I doubt they are still showing up this spring.
    *whine*

• maifleur01
    19 years ago

I asked at local Home Depot yesterday. They told me would be in next week. I like the blueberries.

• scarzi
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm still looking for the boxed tree peonies. Has anyone seen them at the big box stores?

• THEGARDENPOOTER
    19 years ago

If you have a Meijers they have them there for $11.99 then an extra 40% off, two diffrent varities. Somanji or something like that...I would pull it out but my DH is sitting here and I "said" I would not buy anymore plant,seeds,or bulbs! Ya notice I did not say promise!!!

The Pooter!!!

• bugsmom
    19 years ago

I saw them at home depot Atlanta last week

• getyourleash
    19 years ago

I bought a gigantic tree peony with white blooming flowers on it last year for 30.00. It wasn't a good deal but the rest were moulded and nasty. I wanted to save this one, and so far so good. It returned this year with buds. I have to be more diligent I guess about finding better prices. This was the only peony worth saving. I'm a sucker for saving dying plants and lost dogs. *sigh* :)

• msjean
    19 years ago

I found them at Walmart here in Nova Scotia yesterday. They had red...white..and pink. Some of them were budding. The box says to plant them now...or should I pot them up until fall ??

• calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
    19 years ago

I am a long way from your zone. Tree peonies are planted deep and in partial shade here. I think if you plant them that way you could plant them now. You could pot them up but it is not easy to plant deep in a pot. Al

• msjean
    19 years ago

Thanks Calistoga...they are in the ground now and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do well. The names of them are : Luo Yang Hong (red) and Quin Shan Guan Xue (White). They were only $7.95 each...so I thought it was worth trying to gret them to grow :)

• Bless_My_Bloomers
    19 years ago

Jean...I saw those at Walmart; I was afraid they would take a lifetime to grow, so passed them up in favour of a clematis at the same price!

I really would be interested in hearing how yours does.

Bloomers

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations