Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheap Tree Peonies at KMart, HomeDepot

Posted by Scarzi z7 MD (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 11, 05 at 9:45

Has anyone seen the cheap tree peonies at the stores this year?
A few years ago I would see boxed tree poenies at places like Walmart for about $7.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheap Tree Peonies at KMart, HomeDepot

Costco had one variety this year, a very well grown specimam I was happy to buy for $9.90. Al

o

I can't get to Costco and haven't seen tree peonies at any of the box stores that had them last year. I waited till this year to treat myself!!! I think I waited too long, I doubt they are still showing up this spring.
*whine*

o

I asked at local Home Depot yesterday. They told me would be in next week. I like the blueberries.

o

I'm still looking for the boxed tree peonies. Has anyone seen them at the big box stores?

o

If you have a Meijers they have them there for $11.99 then an extra 40% off, two diffrent varities. Somanji or something like that...I would pull it out but my DH is sitting here and I "said" I would not buy anymore plant,seeds,or bulbs! Ya notice I did not say promise!!!

The Pooter!!!

o

I saw them at home depot Atlanta last week

o

I bought a gigantic tree peony with white blooming flowers on it last year for 30.00. It wasn't a good deal but the rest were moulded and nasty. I wanted to save this one, and so far so good. It returned this year with buds. I have to be more diligent I guess about finding better prices. This was the only peony worth saving. I'm a sucker for saving dying plants and lost dogs. *sigh* :)

o

• Posted by msjean Z6..NS...Canada (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 20, 05 at 12:01

I found them at Walmart here in Nova Scotia yesterday. They had red...white..and pink. Some of them were budding. The box says to plant them now...or should I pot them up until fall ??

o

I am a long way from your zone. Tree peonies are planted deep and in partial shade here. I think if you plant them that way you could plant them now. You could pot them up but it is not easy to plant deep in a pot. Al

o

• Posted by msjean Z6..NS...Canada (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 21, 05 at 8:43

Thanks Calistoga...they are in the ground now and I'll keep my fingers crossed that they do well. The names of them are : Luo Yang Hong (red) and Quin Shan Guan Xue (White). They were only $7.95 each...so I thought it was worth trying to gret them to grow :)

o

Jean...I saw those at Walmart; I was afraid they would take a lifetime to grow, so passed them up in favour of a clematis at the same price!

I really would be interested in hearing how yours does.

Bloomers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here