Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmacgarden

favorite peony?

Heather Macdonald
10 years ago

Hi, I would love to know what your favorite peonies are and see photos if you have them. Still snow here and I'm longing to to see flowers! here are a few of mine...
Singing In The Rain
Pink Hawaiian Coral
Cora Louise

Comments (4)

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Is that Pink Hawaiian Coral? This peony is so beautiful. I remembered seeing it at a peony garden last year. The different shades that the flowers go throug from bud to maturity are just amazing.

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

I agree, it's gorgeous! Had it a few years ago but couldn't find it last spring, think it was a victim of the "expert landscapers" who worked on our back yard fall before last. Reordered last fall, though! I don't know if I could say for sure which is my absolute favorite, love all of the corals, Singing in the Rain and Strawberry Blond would be right up there. Ordered several that I'm really excited about for this spring......

• Heather Macdonald
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a pic of Singing in the Rain last June. What an amazing peony! It bloomed for 22 days,
    the 2nd to the 24th...and this was just a year after transplanting it from my old house!
    I don't have Strawberry Blond, have to look it up. I'm like you, love all the corals, Coral Charm & Coral Sunset are favs. Had a big snow storm yesterday, can't wait to see earth!!
    Heather

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Love all of the colors at the same time with Singing in the Rain, beautiful picture! Hope mine looks like that this year, think I had 5 or 6 blooms last year which was the first year it bloomed.

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor