Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
planting bareroot peonies in Maryland

Posted by katiefloy 7MD (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 11, 09 at 13:23

I've been browsing the forums hoping to find an answer to my question, but nothing seems appropriate. I just bought 2 tree peonies and 2 herbaceous peonies at a garden show this past weekend. The 2 herbaceous peonies and one of the tree peonies are still dormant, however the 1 tree peony is showing leaf break. I need to move some of the plants in my flower beds around to place these where I want them. My question is what should I do with the peonies in the meantime? It may be a few weeks before I can put these in the ground.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: planting bareroot peonies in Maryland

I would pot them up even if only for a few weeks. It is difficult to keep them dormant without the roots drying out. The roots will not have time to establish in the pot but they will be preserved in good condition for planting. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here