Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Keiko and Misaka Itoh blooming!

Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 14:16

Good morning,

So my itohs gave me a huge surprise this morning! BOTH started blooming! Sooo beautiful!

I can't wait to get more!!

photo 006_9208_zpsd3832b54.jpgKeiko Itoh

photo 006_9210_zps59e87e38.jpgHere she is closeup

photo 006_9211_zps062e6a54.jpgMisaka... about to open too. I can't wait to see what she looks like completely opened!

Have a great day!
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Keiko and Misaka Itoh blooming!

Nice,

Mine are still dormant under a foot of snow, but they should show some growth by the end of April.

o

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 15:30

Steve, I cheated and bought them big and full of buds. So I really can't take any credit other than the fact That I didn't kill them! Lol.

But I can understand why people love them; they are absolutely gorgeous! Now I need a yellow, a light pink and a red!

o

Pay attention to both blooms and watch as they change colors over time. The itohs will bloom for weeks. They are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. We need to form a big trade group for all these peonies of all types. I would love to share Yumi with you. I don't have a red yet, but Keiko will be light pink before it goes away.

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 19:03

Wow, I love your Mikasa. I have been wanting this itoh ever since I saw a photo of it two years ago but for some reason, none of the garden centers in my area carry this itoh. Anyone has a decent size of this itoh for trade?

o

I should have Misaka and Yumi. Talk to me in September. We will see what we can trade.

o

Me too!!! I should have divisions of Singing in the Rain, Strawberry Blonde and Scarlet Heaven at least. Probably Berry Garcia too but I wasn't too impressed with its bloom last year, never really opened. Maybe it'll be better this year!

o

Just went back to last spring's posts and saw that I didn't have any blooms at all until May 31st. Looks like it'll be at least that late this year since I'm just now seeing swollen pips....Keep those pictures coming, makes waiting for mine so much easier!

o

Here is Misaka fully opened! Gorgeous!

I'm more than happy to share them with you all... just tell me when it's time to split and what not. I don't really have room for more than one of each so I am happy to send to whomever wants it when the time comes.

photo P1070034_zpsbade256d.jpg

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 19:05

Gray and No-Clue, thank you so much for offering to trade your Mikasa. I hope that I have something that you like to trade for come this fall. The color on Mikasa is just amazing! So beautiful!

o

No-Clue, could you send me one if you split?
Thank you very much!

o

Would love to have Singing In The Rain, Scarlet Heaven, and/or Strawberry Blond. We can talk in September.

o

Sounds good!

o

Where can I buy these hard to find itohs?

Thanks

o

Most of us bought both itohs from Monrovia or a nursery that carried Monrovia products. On the Monrovia website, you can check out local nurseries that carry their products, or you can order from them directly. If you can find a nursery that carries them, they are deeply discounted right now because the blooming season is over. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here