Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Keiko and Misaka Itoh blooming!

No-Clue
10 years ago

Good morning,

So my itohs gave me a huge surprise this morning! BOTH started blooming! Sooo beautiful!

I can't wait to get more!!

Keiko Itoh

Here she is closeup

Misaka... about to open too. I can't wait to see what she looks like completely opened!

Have a great day!
Lynn

Comments (14)

• stevelau1911
    10 years ago

Nice,

Mine are still dormant under a foot of snow, but they should show some growth by the end of April.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Steve, I cheated and bought them big and full of buds. So I really can't take any credit other than the fact That I didn't kill them! Lol.

But I can understand why people love them; they are absolutely gorgeous! Now I need a yellow, a light pink and a red!

• graycrna4u
    10 years ago

Pay attention to both blooms and watch as they change colors over time. The itohs will bloom for weeks. They are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. We need to form a big trade group for all these peonies of all types. I would love to share Yumi with you. I don't have a red yet, but Keiko will be light pink before it goes away.

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Wow, I love your Mikasa. I have been wanting this itoh ever since I saw a photo of it two years ago but for some reason, none of the garden centers in my area carry this itoh. Anyone has a decent size of this itoh for trade?

• graycrna4u
    10 years ago

I should have Misaka and Yumi. Talk to me in September. We will see what we can trade.

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Me too!!! I should have divisions of Singing in the Rain, Strawberry Blonde and Scarlet Heaven at least. Probably Berry Garcia too but I wasn't too impressed with its bloom last year, never really opened. Maybe it'll be better this year!

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Just went back to last spring's posts and saw that I didn't have any blooms at all until May 31st. Looks like it'll be at least that late this year since I'm just now seeing swollen pips....Keep those pictures coming, makes waiting for mine so much easier!

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

Gray and No-Clue, thank you so much for offering to trade your Mikasa. I hope that I have something that you like to trade for come this fall. The color on Mikasa is just amazing! So beautiful!

• littlebin
    10 years ago

No-Clue, could you send me one if you split?
    Thank you very much!

• graycrna4u
    10 years ago

Would love to have Singing In The Rain, Scarlet Heaven, and/or Strawberry Blond. We can talk in September.

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Sounds good!

• yonderbound
    9 years ago

Where can I buy these hard to find itohs?

Thanks

• graycrna4u
    9 years ago

Most of us bought both itohs from Monrovia or a nursery that carried Monrovia products. On the Monrovia website, you can check out local nurseries that carry their products, or you can order from them directly. If you can find a nursery that carries them, they are deeply discounted right now because the blooming season is over. Hope this helps.