Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found Bartzella at Lowe's

Posted by casey1 z6CT (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 15:47

I bought this Itoh at Lowe's for $29.95. I was surprised but it was large with 5 good sized eyes. It's only the second Itoh I have.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found Bartzella at Lowe's

I bought Cora Louise Peony at Lowes too for 29.95. There were too many eyes to count. It was a good purchase. They also have Carnary Brilliants Itoh Peony for the same price..

o

Was it potted or in a bag?

o

It is bareroot in peat moss in a bag.

o

I found Bartzella Itoh at Lowe's last year and bought 2 of them. I am now looking for other varieties of Itoh. Where did you find the other varieties at Lowe's (state-city)???

o

The other varieties are Cora Louise and Canary Brilliants currently offered in all the Lowes in eastern and southern PA

o

They actually had 2 other varieties that I wasn't familiar with. One was a medium pink and the other one was deeper, almost red.

o

I bought a Bartzella a couple of months back from Lowes and it is growing nicely. I stopped by Lowes this morning and saw the same boxed peonies on a 50% off sale rack. I checked the price at the counter and it was 75 % off. So about $7. Granted, they have been boxed up in Lowes for some time, but I thought I would try. I potted it up, watered it, and put it in shade.
Any feed back on how this root looks? I cut off some dead stalk tips before potting up.

o

That looks like a very viable root. Congrats on a great purchase!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here