Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Peony Farms to visit, PA or NJ?

Posted by SusanBachman 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 17:14

Hello,

I am interested in visiting a Peony Farm in PA or NJ. I know about Peony's Envy. Does anyone have any experience with Peony Farms in these areas?

Thanks, Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Peony Farms to visit, PA or NJ?

Are you looking to purchase peonies or just to see peonies in bloom? If you are interested in seeing peonies in bloom, I heard the following places are good to check out:

Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College
NY Botanical Garden
A Peony Garden, in Glen Mills, PA - Check our this website to find out more about this garden: http://rootstoblooms.com/tag/a-peony-garden/

This year the APS sponsors their annual peony event at Longwood Garden. To find out more, check out their website: http://www.americanpeonysociety.org/events/2013-convention

Have fun and maybe I will see you at one of these events.

Karen

o

I would be more interested in harvesting fresh seeds in the fall as I grow peonies from seedling every year.

Do any of these places let people harvest tree peony seeds?

o

I really do not know, Stevelau. But you can always email them and ask if they offer them. I heard the NY Botanical and Swarthmore have many peony trees. I have never been there myself but I am going this spring as my interest in peonies only began last year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here