Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing in garage

Posted by AKpeonie Alaska (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 20:05

I just found my potted peonies from last summer in the garage and they are growing. I have not watered, fertilized nothing. Many stalks have come up with the tallest approximately 12 inches. These stalks are very thin, whitish pink with leaves at the tips.....I know this is a dumb question but what do I do now?
Thanks,
Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing in garage

You should try putting them out in some light and make them turn red a little bit at a time so they don't end up burning.

Here's the color they should get to.

I have a lot more peonies than shown in this blog post, but basically all sprouting peonies should be a nice dark red, not white.

Here is a link that might be useful: some of my peonies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here