Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peonies are a funny lot!!!

Posted by calamity_j z7bc (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 20, 09 at 10:09

Hi There, newbie here, I bought a house 5 growing seasons ago...that's how I talk about this place...lol! And I was excited that I had a few plants here when I got here...one being a peony! It has NEVER bloomed...AND has had maaayyybee 4 flower buds that never bloomed. I went to a church/plant sale and bought a peony for $3 and it bloomed the same year AND has a bud on EVERY stalk as we speak!!!lol! I was gonna just give it away(THAT will teach it a lesson!!!lol) but feel bad to be giving someone else this DUD! So I'll try to remove some more dirt away from the roots and see if it was planted too deep...it's on borrowed time!!! lol! It's ironic that it was the one plant in the yard when I got here, that I was most excited about!!! Whascially Wabbit!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peonies are a funny lot!!!

sometimes you have to threaten them. i had a crabapple that hardy bloomed for several years. and i decieded to take it down if it didn't bloom well one year. well it bloomed great and has done so for 3 years now. ralfs mom

o

I had a peony that quit blooming because it was too close to my growing maple's root system and became shaded too much, so that's another possible reason for no bloom. When I moved it in fall, it bloomed fine.

o

This fall I would dig it up. You have no idea what the roots look like, or how deep it is planted. If all looks well I would replant at the correct depth after working finished compost into the planting location. If the present location is not in the full sun I would move it. Al

o

Maybe divide it this fall, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here