Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
really dry bareroot peonies

Posted by roxanna z5b MA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 13:27

i received some very dry and shriveled bareroots from a reputable online nursery. i have potted them up, but am wondering (way early, i know) what are their chances to actually root and develop. anyone here have any advice other than to just wait-and-see?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: really dry bareroot peonies

I would notify the nursery of the condition as received. I would expect them to replace or credit if they do not survive. You have done your best. Al

o

thanks for the reply -- i'll do that!

funny, when things like this happen, all i can think about it the waste of the poor division, which was much happier still attached to the original plant...!

o

It is always good to soak the roots in water for about 30 minutes before planting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here