Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re: African-American Flower Society

Posted by terrestrial 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 26, 11 at 14:33

Good Afternoon, I've decided to create the first African-American flower society after reading Richard Westmacott's book, "African-American Gardening in the Rural South" and so, I was wondering if there are any peony plants named after famous African-Americans or African-American themes. I am also interested in plants named after famous Africans or African themes. I have already contacted the Daylily Association and have received a huge response!

I thank you for your time in this matter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re: African-American Flower Society

If you do the searching you will find that there are many African-American gardening groups attached to churches and in local communities all accross the country. Some are loose groups, some are more organized.

There might be some peonies and peony people that fit your criteria but being of any ethnic group has not been of any importance to most people that like any type of peony.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here