Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mystic_dragon72

'Old' Peonies - Questions.

mystic_dragon72
13 years ago

I'm sure I have posted these questions before a couple years ago but I can't find them so I will ask again. We moved into this house back in Nov. of 07 and of the few plants that I inherited were two peonies. My first question has to do with their location. They are currently in a mostly shady area between two white cedar trees and they grow pretty tall and lanky which requires them to be supported every year or they fall over. Is the extra long growth due primarily to the fact that they don't get enough sun and they are reaching to get more light? Next, if I want to move them do I have to wait until they die down in the fall so that I don't stress them out? I'm pretty sure they're just like every other perennial in that respect but I figured I'd ask some experts. The last question will have to wait until they bloom and I can get photos as I'd like some ID's. I know they were planted by the mother of the landlord about 40 years ago so that might help with the ID once I do manage to get some photos.

TIA for all input.

ttfn

Cheryl.

Comments (2)