Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goodhors

Lots Of Buds

goodhors
17 years ago

Checking my Peonies, I am seeing lots of buds on my 2nd year tree Peonies. They are pretty small trees for the most part, yet the buds are showing. Lots of new shoots for sticks. Very odd leaf shapes, so not herbacous shoots. I figure to lose some flowers before bloom, our weather is pretty bad. However just the fact that they are TRYING is very exciting. I sure didn't expect much in their 2nd year, with them being so small. The older tree Peonies are quite full of buds, looks like a great year for them.

I also have several buds on a tree peony that hasn't bloomed in about 7 years. I bought it in flower, so knew it was capable of bloom. I threatened it last Fall, told it that he was going to be pulled out, if we got no flowers. It had plenty of time, an excellent location, no reason for no flowering. Glad it worked!

The herbacous Peonies are sprouting fairly well. Only the earliest bloomers have much leafing yet, with only a couple buds. This is odd, because my mother is much south of me, down by the MI/IN line. Her Peonies are just breaking ground in most places. Some have nothing showing at all. Usually her garden is much further along than my things.

Hope your Peonies, both kinds, come along as well as mine look now.

Comment (1)