Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looks like they survived.

Posted by timhensley 5VT (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 19:10

I purchased some peony species last summer and I have been anxious to see if they survived. So far i have seen buds breaking ground on all three. They are P. peregrina, P. tenuifolia ssp. lithophila and P. mascula ssp triternata. I doubt any of them will bloom this season because they were kind of small but i couldn't pass them up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looks like they survived.

I swapped for a lot of peonies last fall & was anxious to see if they made it. A couple I was very worried about because they had heaved out of the soil. One apparently is a later one & is coming up nicely now. The other one the large root seems dead, but a small root that I didn't think had any eyes & just planted to see if it would do anything is shooting up. Might take it a couple of years to bloom, but I'm happy it survived.

o

It looks like all of mine survived too. I just wished I could say the same for my roses. We'll just wait and see on them. Pembroke

o

So far I think all my peonies survived but some of them look like they had been damaged by wet conditions. The number of eyes have declined. My Amailia Olson and Petite Elegance are the hardest hit. I had 4 eyes last year for each peony. So far I have seen only two pips from the ground for each of them. There are about 10 others showing the same decline. I just hope they recover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here