Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tree peony ID

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 12 at 20:27

Can anyone identify these tree peonies?
All came from items sold as generic colors.

The color of this one is a deep bluish purple; camera can not capture true color.

Medium height bush

This one is very light pink (a bit lighter than pic):

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tree peony ID

Great pics...
Wish I could do this...
How about a leaf close up, I may have one and not know it.

o

This is the most close-up picture I have of the bluish-purple one. Again, the color is way off; it is a deep bluish-purple, unlike so many reddish purple named cultivars.

o

Could it be Gunpoden?

o

Gunpoden is described as a deep purple/pink. I would describe this as a deep blue purple that ages with more reddish tones. Wish there were better pictures of Gunpoden on the web. Thanks for your response. It's possible that that is what it is. I find it hard to believe that this is just some seedling that was never widely propagated.

o

looks like shima daijin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here