Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are tree peony seedlings done with their foliar growth by April?

Posted by stevelau1911 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 2, 12 at 20:42

I've noticed that some of my tree peony seedlings look like they already haven't made any increase in their leaf size in over a week, and it's only the beginning of April.

Is there any chance that they will produce more leaves later in the summer or are these guys pretty much done for the year?

I've never seen secondary growth from tp seedlings, but I've also never had them completely grown before April before. I know that fruit tree seedlings typically stop growing, and then start up again to make more growth on the same year. I'm guessing that might be possible with these guys. Here's a picture of how most of them look now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fully grown TP 1st year seedling with 2 leaves

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are tree peony seedlings done with their foliar growth by Apr

I have found the answer, and it seems like 1st year tree peony seedlings can keep making leaves under the right conditions throughout the year as my largest one is up to 5 leaves now since it emerged in early March.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here