Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help locating Peonies in August in Mexico for wedding

Posted by chadstone30 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 20:48

Hello Gardenweb Forum Members,

My name is Chad. My girlfriend (fiancee?) and I are getting married August 23, 2008 in Los Cabos, Mexico. She's had her heart set on peonies for quite some time, however, all of the florists we've been in touch with in Los Cabos say that they can't get them.

Does anyone know of a grower who can export fresh cut peonies to Mexico in August?

Thanks for all your help. c

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help locating Peonies in August in Mexico for wedding

Unlikely you can find peonies in August. Only sources would be Alaska, Canada, or the southern hemisphere. Mano Capano, of Pivoines Capano does cut peonies in Canada. She might have them. The peonies would need to be cut and held in cool storage until the wedding and then the problem would be getting them to Mexico.

You could of course give her an artifical bloom and a gift certificate to one of the growers. Thus giving her a gift to grow with your marriage.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mano Capano

o

Hi Chad. My name is Keri and I was in the same predicament a year ago that your fiancee is in now. I wanted peonies SO BAD for my Aug. 11th wedding and it took me forever to find them. We ordered our flowers online and made the bouquets ourselves. Look on fiftyflowers.com, http://www.fiftyflowers.com/flowers/AllFlowersPeonies_57.htm
They will ship peonies in Aug. as long as they have them in stock. I ordered the Sarah Bernhardt peonies for my wedding, and even though they were the priciest out of all the different flowers I ordered, they stool the show in my bouquet. I'm not sure if they will deliver in Mexico but it's worth a shot calling them and finding out. I found their customer service to be very helpful, as a bit of a bride-zilla I was paranoid that they wouldn't arrive so I called quite often to double check the delivery address they had. : ) Well I hope that this info was handy and that your wedding flowers turn out beautiful.-Keri

o

You may try Bagoys florist 907.227.1922, Petals and stems florist 907.561.7774, the Peony lady of anchorage (Judy Wilmarth) or Carrs Florist all of Alaska 907.339.1270. Alaska Hardy Nursery 907.235.4969 Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here