Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant bareroots in spring?

Posted by linda888 ohio (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 20:54

Hello! I am in central Ohio. Last fall I bought a bunch of bareoot peonies intending to plant them in the fall like you are supposed to. But then I never planted them :-( Now it is April. Should I plant them now? If I wait until fall will they still be alive to plant them then? Or should I throw them away and just buy new ones?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant bareroots in spring?

Plant them now, in the garden or pot them up. If you don't do it soon you might as well throw them away. These are living plants, not dormant bulbs, don't let them die. Al

o

If they still feel somewhat firm and strong, go ahead and plant them. If they are too brittle and dry and even breaking apart in your hands -- it might be too far gone already.

o

Ok thank you very much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here