Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Spot

Posted by bibbus 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 19, 13 at 22:17

For the past several years, as the summer heats up, my peonies develop black spot on the leaves, covered with it actually. I am trying to garden organically. What can I do to prevent or treat the fungal diseases that must be in the plant. Its not just my peonies. I get fungal diseases on my roses, hydrangeas and other plants that aren't coming to mind. We have endured very hot and dry summers for the past few years. Nothing I can do about that... I water them with soaker hoses. After the leaves die down I do remove them and throw them away. Should I prematurely cut the plants back before they die back?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Spot

Check out Cricket Hill. They have a product they sell called Actinovate. It's supposed to be an organic fungus control. I'm using it for the first time this year so I can't tell you if it works or not yet. :) Look under books and supplies.

https://www.treepeony.com/

o
RE: Black Spot

Well, I can't believe it but the peonies have the most blooms ever on them. One tree peony that has halfway reverted back to the original plant has maybe 70 blooms on it. Amazing after such a bad black spot infestation. Maybe I'm missing something.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here