Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellydan_gw

peony mixing

KellyDan
13 years ago

Hi, I am new to GardenWeb. I read often but have never posted until now and am looking for some design/color opinions. I have two places where I plan to plant peonies.

In the first area (by my driveway off the rear alley) I have room for two groupings of three peonies each (on opposite sides of a Japanese Maple). i already have three Sarah Bernhardts grouped and planted. What should I pick for the other three? At first, I was thinking I'd do three Shirley Temples grouped for a pink and white theme. But then I thought maybe two Karl Rosenfields and a Festiva Maxima together? Or would it be better to do all 6 the same color-all Sarahs?

I have the same kind of question about the second location, in my front bed by my front porch...does it look better to do all (maybe 5 or 6) in one variety/color (thinking Lilliam Gumm or maybe Edulis Superba) or all different peonies mixed together?

Thanks for any advice. I have searched through the discussion threads and have seen companion plantings for peonies but not threads about companion peonies, per se.

Comment (1)