Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
online ordering peonies

Posted by newbie3005 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 20, 09 at 23:33

anyone ordered peonies from easytogrowbulbs.com?? their reviews are really good- on top 30 of watchdog list, I have not ordered anything yet, and realllly want about 15 peonies... anyone have experience with them for peonies? the reviews I did see, did not mention peonies specifically..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: online ordering peonies

I did not order from this site, but I ordered 2 Peonies from John Scheepers. I am very happy with the result. The divisions were not very big, but they were fresh and nice looking. One of them has tiny buds now. It was planted last fall! I am impressed.

o

If you read the information on the easy to grow bulbs site they are very up front that this is the first year that they have sold peonies. Therefore they have no history/reviews for peonies. For the price expect a small 1 or 2 eye root.

o

You will be better off in the long run buying from an established peony grower such as Hollingsworth or Klehm, and others. You may pay a bit more, but as with all things, you get what you pay for.

o

Others that are great are:
Paeonia.com
Hiddenspringsflowerfarm.com
peonyparadise.com or
reathsnursery.com

Enjoy!

o

Reaths website has not been updated for 2009: are they still in business?

o

Yes they are still in business. Many peony growers do not update their websites until later in the year. This is so that they know exactly what wintered over or is growing especially well providing more eyes.

o

I ordered one peony from them last fall. It came up even earlier than my two more established peonies, but it doesn't have any buds on it yet and it hasn't gotten very big as of right now. It does have very nice looking foliage though.

I have bought other things from easytogrowbulbs.com and I've had good luck with them.

o

Hello

Last week I went to Costco and the store had nice 2 gallon flowering peonies. It costs $10.99 each. I picked one that had one flower in bloom and 3 buds. I'm happy with my purchase as I have ordered online and it takes several years before it flowers for me.

o

Here is the TP Shimanishiki I bought from Garden Crossings last year for about $18 (30% off sale):

Tree Peony Shimanishiki (Garden Crossings)

Again, I am very impressed. They ship TP potted. Both TP I got from them look better than bareroot TP planted 2 years earlier.

o

question for "anza2821 ", may i know which Costco you went to? i m going to put up one if close. i live in north CA. thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here