Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The first peony bloom!

Posted by mariandmary 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 23:43

This plant from an ebayer was supposed to be angel cheeks but its flower says it is not the one I ordered. But I am very pleased to see peony blooming in Texas:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The first peony bloom!

Very pretty, so nice to see those first blooms. One of my peonies bloomed yesterday, the first of the season here. One that I grew from seed, the blooms never seem to last long on it, but it is loaded with blooms this year.

o

Did you got flowers from the plant you had grown from seeds? That is so exciting!! How long did it take to see flowers?

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 10:30

That is great,Marian. I hope that you will get more blooms. Please share with us how you were able to get the peonies to bloom for you in TX? How much cold did the peonies get?

o

It took 3 years to flower. I started with about 6 seeds, 5 grew, but I accidentally "weeded" out all but this one. I took a photo today but too tired to run downstairs to get the camera to upload right now. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. It is a lighter pink than yours. I was rather pleased with it, I've waited 3 years for blooms on regular peonies I bought from box stores, so it really wasn't bad.

o

I have Festiva Maxima and Sara Bernhardt in Northeast Mississippi. They are in bud now and should bloom very soon.

o

Kousa,
I have not done any special treatment for my peonies.
But last winter was relatively cold and long here.
+ I did not water them during December.

I have other peonies about to bloom!
I am sooo glad to see the buds because this is the first year for all of my peonies.

o

Kousa,
I have not done any special treatment for my peonies.
But last winter was relatively cold and long here.
+ I did not water them during December.

I have other peonies about to bloom!
I am sooo glad to see the buds because this is the first year for all of my peonies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here