Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ok.. have it it, give me some advice !

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 11 at 9:23

Will be placing a peony order soon.

Give me all the advice you can.

Im not particulary a peony person (or havent been, antique roses kinda my thing) and only have a couple in my garden.. Rasberry Sundae and a Felix Crouse I think if my memory serves me. So those are off the list. But the bloom about a week or two before most of my antiques and would love something to cut during that time.

Should I order from Sonsparrow or from Adelmans? Which will send bigger clump of eyes?

Im looking for cut peonies with medium to strong fragrance.

Double, semi's, bombs doesnt matter as much to me. I would love to try that pink hawaian coral, but reading some posts, corals seem to have a off odor? I dont want that! Let me know if that is the case.

Give me your best recommendations. I might just stick with songsparrow to try that pink spritzer just for fun. It looks like a fun one.

Give me your list of must haves for cuttings, fragrance on those two sites, one from songsparrow one from adelmans and ill make a decision .

Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ok.. have it it, give me some advice !

I love peonies. Any colour. And I love them after they bloom because they add a lush stand of greenery to the garden.

When I moved to this house I did not take my peonies with me, but started over. The reason is that I will never bother with double blooms again in this region.
Invariably, at the height of the bloom, we get a huge rainstorm and every last one of them ends up on the ground, torn by winds, or irreparably bent over supporting cages.

So, this time around I planted singles, which are available in a huge variety of colours. So far, so good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here