Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
white spots on peony leaves

Posted by peonyfan none (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 10:20

This is our first year in a home with two established peony plants. Today I noticed white spots on the leaves of one of the peony plants (attached a photo). I believe has just finished flowering for the season, and these spots seem to have appeared within the past few days. I am wondering what these are and what I should do. A few weeks ago I had to use a spade to remove an invasive wisteria that was shooting up within the peony plant, sort of near the edge, but unfortunately cutting into the peony root was necessary to remove the wisteria. I wonder if this stressed the peony plant. The plant is in near full sun, and we are in northern VA.

Here is a link that might be useful: peony leaf with spots

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: white spots on peony leaves

The white spots are mold and should be sprayed with a fungicide as soon as possible. You can prevent further growth but can not eliminate what you have already. In our dry climate this is not much of a problem if good air movement is allowed and no overhead watering. I was hoping to hear from someone in a climate more like yours would respond with more specific recommendations. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here