Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaf wilt - fungicide?

Posted by leasag 5b (My Page) on
Mon, May 5, 08 at 10:25

One of the three peonies I put in last fall has over the last few (very wet rainy) weeks had leaves wilt. There are usually one or two lower leaves wilting on the plant every day or two when I check it. I cut off the affected leaves and discard them. The other two plants within 10 foot of this one don't show this problem. Is this due to the overly wet conditions? What can I do? Do I needa a fungicide if so which one?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaf wilt - fungicide?

It sounds like it may be Botrytis paeoniae and prevention is suggested, as the curing is removal of the affected tissue. It is a fungus and a Bordeaux spray program is the best preventative. Cold dampness and poor air circulation feeds the fungus and should be avoided if possible. Al

o

Thank you for the reply. Air circulation they have but I can't help the unseasonaly cold/wet air! Are some peonies more resistant or an I just lucky that only one plant is effected?

o

I don't think it is a resistance difference in the species but more likely the plants position in the garden. I have had the problem on one plant in a whole row of apparently healthy plants. It appeared to me that plant was being crowded by its neighbors and its air flow was affected. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here