Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
She was wort waiting for

Posted by averil 8b (My Page) on
Sun, May 4, 14 at 11:46

Hi folks, I came in here a couple of months ago complaining my 3 year old peony tree had never flowered. Well, she must have heard me moaning about her because she has delivered!!! :). I have lost the ticket but when I bought it I understood it to be a deep peach colour, however it is more of a deep lemon. I have included a couple of pics. Is anyone able to identify this one. The centre colouring is a deep red. The pics don't do it justice.
Kind regards
Averil
(UK)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: She was wort waiting for

Another pic

o

Pic 3 .......I'm so proud of her lol

o

What a beauty!

I think she maybe "Oukan", the leaves looks more like "Oukan" than "high noon".

She will performs better if you plant her on the ground (in autumn) instead of in a big pot.

o

Hi littlebin, I've just had a look on images and it definitely does look like Oukan, so many thanks. I'm a bit worried about planting in the ground as it is just solid chalk here and to be honest unless I planted it in part of the lawn, which I wouldn't be keen on I don't have a lot of planting space. Would it be advisable to put it in an even bigger pot? ..... Lol I can see you rolling your eyes to the sky
Kind regards
averil

o

That is a really pretty combo! Blue pot contrasts nicely with the yellow flowers. I have never been successful in growing anything in a pot. You do a fantastic job!

o

She looks beautiful! And you get several blooms after not having had any… amazing. Well done.

o

wow.... love that yellow flower. waiting for my itohs' to flower. my itohs and tree peonies just starting to leaf out here.

o

Your tree peony is absolutely beautiful, Averil! Well worth waiting for!

o

Gorgeous!

o

Hi, averil, bigger pot surely helps. But your beauty looks happy right now and maybe does not need to be transplanted so soon, you can do in one or two years later. Remember peonies can only be transplanted in autumn.

o

Littlebin, thank you for your great advice. I will leave her awhile then and repot in a couple of years and I will do it in the autumn. Thanks to all
Kind regards
Averil

o

I have peony envy! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.
Heidi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here