Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
susanka

Posted by susanka 5 (CO) (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 08 at 14:35

Hi -- Years ago I had a peony that was yellow and pink with lots of petals (I haven't grown peonies except this one that was already in my yard). I remember the tag had "sherbet" in the name, but I can't find it on a google search. Could anyone tell me what this peony might have been? Thanks very much. I want to plant some peonies in my new yard in Colorado.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: susanka

Was it pink on the edges with yellow "petals" or yellow "stamens" in the center?

Maybe there is one named "sherbet", otherwise could you be thinking of sorbet or raspberry sundae?

o

Hi, and thanks. They were lighter pink petals (not that real bright deep pink that some peonies are) with some yellow petals closer to the center, as I remember, and probably yellow stamens also, although I'm not sure about the stamens. The tag could have said "sorbet" although I remember it as sherbet. I know there was another word in the name also. I think I know what Japanese form is, and it wasn't that form with just a few petals, it had lots and lots of petals.

Thanks for getting past my failure to name my post; wish I could change it so people could see what I'm asking.

o

Maybe "sherbet" was substituted in for "sundae" in raspberry sundae. A couple different pics of it are circulating on the internet, so maybe take a look at some of those to see if it is indeed that variety.

Did it have a fragrance? I planted a raspberry sundae last fall, but it won't bloom this year...maybe next year.

o

omigosh, what a gorgeous flower. I think mine was the reverse of this one, but I wonder if I'm remembering wrong. It was beautifully fragrant also.

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here