Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathys999_gw

Blue Lagoon Peony Blooms!

Kathys999
19 years ago

Is anyone's blooming yet? I want to see pictures!

Comments (15)

• pappu
    18 years ago

My finger could'nt move fast enough to click on 'blue lagoon blooms' LOL. I have two buds that are getting more attention than my 2 yr son and I will post pictures if everything goes well....

• qbirdy
    18 years ago

Mine has buds but will be a long time to bloom yet. I can't wait for a pic here!!!!!

• rebb1956
    18 years ago

Mine did bloom....hate to disappoint you..it is a single pink with yellow center. I still have other buds (I bought 3 bags)I got rid of the internet at home temp. so can't post the picture...

• gardenlove
    18 years ago

Hello rebb1956, What did you think about the flower?....was it one you would have wanted anyway even if it did not look Double and true blue like on the label?(I think that practice is WRONG, they should always label packages with an actual photo of the plant...its misleading, no matter how cheaply its purchased at Walmart)...how is the foliage on the plant?..overall growth and landscape appeal?..I just planted mine and have no idea yet...I am just dying to see a real picture of Blue Lagoon in bloom!...I hope to see one posted soon! hint hint hint to anyone out there reading!:)...GardenLove

• jackie_o
    18 years ago

It'll still be a few weeks for me. Oddly though as I look at the plants they all have very different leaves. I'm not even sure if out of 4 packages that I bought (2 Blue Lagoon and 2 Sorbet) that I even have two of the same peony.
    I think it's gonna be pot luck. Kind of like they threw all the roots in a big grab bag and then didn't care which ones went into which bag.
    I'm still entertained though.

• gardenlove
    18 years ago

Hi Jackie_o.....Oh Boy!...It is entertaining...Will the real "Blue Lagoon" please stand UP!!...hahaha....I would still love to see any different versions that bloom...and hopefully, it will become clear which one is supposed to be the real B. L...and I would also love to see what your grab bag bunch turns up for you!!...Do they all have buds?...GardenLove

• dighappy
    18 years ago

Jackie_o, can't wait to see what you got in your 'grab bag'....I definitely have the peony bug and plan on getting several more as I dig more gardens. I have not seen the Blue Lagoon peony anywhere (checked in Walmart first) but I am keeping my eyes open for something really different. Please post a pic as soon as yours blooms.

Dig

• jackie_o
    18 years ago

Okay Dig here's a few from last year to tide you over until they bloom.

{{gwi:1137434}}

{{gwi:1137435}}

{{gwi:1137436}}

{{gwi:1137437}}

{{gwi:1137438}}

{{gwi:1137439}}

The only one that I know the variety on is number three. It's Hit Parade.

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

jackie - that last one looks a lot like Sarah Bernhardt.

They're all pretty! I like the hot pinks!

• steelworker1996
    18 years ago

I am getting really jealous. Every one seems to have a BLUE LAGOON that they are waiting on. I have searched all the Greenhouses arround me for one to buy( mostly getting looks like I have lost my mind) Wall-mart here tries to tell me there is no such critter. HELP!!! My wifes birthday--and mothers day have come and gone and have not been able to get her a BLUE LAGOON PEONY. Can anyone direct me to anywhere that I can get (at least one) of these.
    Lester

• getyourleash
    18 years ago

The second to last one looks like Karl Rosenfeld, but it's hard to say since sometimes colors look different in photos. I agree the last one looks quite a bit like Sarah Bernhardt.

• freedom1
    18 years ago

Number one and number four look like Duchess de Nemours. Are they fragrant? I have one of these and just love it!

Kas

• jackie_o
    18 years ago

Thanks for IDing for me guys. They were divisions from friends who didn't know what they were either. Some were in my old garden and the owner had died when I bought the house.

Lester if you've read any of the threads about Blue Lagoon you'll know that we're really not expecting it to look like the photo. You should probably go and get your wife a really beautiful peony at your nursery or garden center and not worry about Blue Lagoon. We did have one report of a single pink that the grower wasn't very impressed with.

• dighappy
    18 years ago

Jackie......WOW!!!!! What beauties they all are. I only have 3 now but you have definitely inspired me to get more asap, really love that Hit Parade.

• rebb1956
    18 years ago

Hi, I love peonies...however, I was disappointed in the flower...it was a single pale pink...nothing like the other posted pic. BUT some of the other buds look different so I'm with whomever said we could end up with all types. ALSO, because I grew it inside and it bloomed inside (no thanks to my cat) I am giving it the benefit of the doubt...however, I doubt anyone has the color that we expected...auh, what a sickness we all have..I did buy a bowl of beauty (think that is what it is called) from WW and it wasn't alive. It had a red shoot, I planted in a pot but at closer look it was not alive...it was dried up...I kept it in the pot and still babied it for two months but yesterday I dug it out and sure enough it was not alive...my fault. I thought the darker shoot was just that it was a different type... :( I hate WW but still go back..