Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tulip21

Peony buds drooping and die

tulip21
9 years ago

I have this peony that seems to do well. The buds come and some of them are drooping down then die. I checked the leaves and they are all green with no spots.

The stems do have brown spots and on the stem under the bud you can see in the picture it will turn completely brown.

Not all of the buds are doing this. Some are blooming. I have two peonies. One inside the garden bed and the other just outside of it. The other one is not doing this.

Please do not say Verticillium wilt. Please! lol I am in Virginia zone 7a. We had a very harsh and long winter, followed by summer for a few days, then winter a few days, spring came for about a week and then summer hit and now we are back into spring temps in the daytime but night time temps of low 40's.

I know absolutely nothing about these. I have been having good luck with them the past few years. This is the first year they have produced this many buds both of them. But I have also dealt with this in the past year just not as bad as it is this year.

It does get shade not complete shade. Not sure if any of this helps.
Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored