Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryseryse_2004

Coral colored peonies - WOW!

ryseryse_2004
10 years ago

I ordered a bunch of peonies from Gilbert Wild last fall and two were the coral colored ones. I have never seen peonies this color before and they are gorgeous.

They start out a dark reddish/orange then open up to a medium coral and then a pale coral with a yellow center. Just amazing!!!

I didn't save the receipt so don't know the name. Maybe there are lots of corals and I just didn't know.

Comments (5)

• KarenPA_6b
    10 years ago

I would love to see photos of your coral peonies. None of mine bloom this year.

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

I have several corals from Gilbert Wild, mine have tags so I'll post pics when they bloom, maybe you can id your's that way. They also maintain a order history if you created a user account when you initially ordered, you can probably figure out the variety that way, too. I had to do that this year, a lot of my tags had faded to nothing so researched the ones I've bought online so I can have potential names to match to blooms! If you don't have a user account you can still email their customer service and they'll look up your old order. You know, I've heard some bad press about Gilbert Wild but I've only had good experiences with them and their prices are great, I'll certainly keep ordering from them (got 12 peonies from them this spring!)
    The names don't really matter to me--I just enjoy the blooms, but named varieties seem to be easier to trade to get even more gorgeous peony varieties.......

• ryseryse_2004
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Definitely agree with you about Gilbert Wild --- got started with daylilies in 1999 and then filled up huge areas with their 'hostas by the handful'. At $1.00 apiece, you just couldn't beat the price. You get 5 different varieties in the 100 for $100. Then, I added some exotic varieties but even those are priced reasonably.

With the coral peonies, I don't care what the names are -- clean-up in the gardens in the fall is very easy if I don't have labels in the way of my DR Brush Cutter.

• pembroke
    10 years ago

not sure what coral is but I have a peony called Salmon Dream I think is out of this world. First to bloom here in my yard. Check it out at Song Sparrow. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. Pembroke

• pembroke
    10 years ago

not sure what coral is but I have a peony called Salmon Dream I think is out of this world. First to bloom here in my yard. Check it out at Song Sparrow. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. Pembroke