Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowling888

New Need help.

snowling888
15 years ago

Hello, I'm new to peonies. I need help with planting. I just bought 5 peonies for super great price, $1.75 for each with 3-5 eyes. I'm very happy with the size of the roots. Last year I picked up a Walmart Sorbet bare root in spring. I buried it too deep. It never came out, so I thought it was dead. This spring when I cleared up the area I planted it, I found it is still alive, with at least six buds, unfortunely, I accidently cutoff 1 bud. Anyway, I replanted again much shallower. However, the eyes were all over the root. So I tried my best to let buds sat shallow on the soil, Well only one bud has developed into stake (which was very long one, I had to let it exposed outside the soil). Now, that plant only has one stake with leaves. What did I do wrong? Because of this experience, I don't know how to plant the new peonies. Should I expose the eyes outside the soil or bury the plant an inch below? I want to replant that Walmart Sorbet in fall to another location so it can get more sun. Is that a good idea? Any thoughts are welcome. thank you.

Comment (1)