o
RE: Here is what blooming on this Memorial Day

Sea Shell

o

Walter Faxon

o

Kousa, your pictures \ Peonies are gorgeous. Where are you located? My flowers are all spent by Memorial Day weekend but they put on a show for Mother's Day. :-)

Rosie

o

Hi Rosie,

I love peonies! They are really awesome eventhough most of my plants are first year. They said the blooms suppose to get better in subsequent years. I don't know how they can be more awesome than this. I am in zone 6, southeast pa.

o

Prepare to be amazed then when third year rolls around. I love my Peonies and look forward to their dazzling show each year. :-) Mine are 15-20 year old plants and they never cease to make me smile. Even the few years that late freezes have killed all the buds, the plants still survived and made nice little shrubs. :-)

Rosie

o

Kousa, I have all 4 of the varieties you shared (just got Big Ben this spring) but none have bloomed yet! I'm in zone 4/5 and have lots of buds but even the tree peonies (only have a generic white that's big enough to bloom) haven't opened. Your pretty pictures make me excited to see my own blooms! I also think I'm going to try to cut some stems before they bloom and refrigerate them so I can have peonies inside this summer!

o

Hi Liz! I will look forward to see your peonies bloom. Mine is coming close to the end. :( I have one more with unopened buds and that is Elsa Sass. Walter Faxon to me is the most beautiful in form, color, and shape.

o

Lovely pics--thanks for posting. My Walter Faxon in southern Ohio is a bit lighter (less rosy) than your pic.

o

They came late this season but lovely as ever. I wish they could last a bit longer!!! Raining here intermittently ~ they are nearly down on their knees despite the stakes & wire fencing, sigh!

Here is a link that might be useful: My Memorial Day Ladies

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here