Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mylab123

best online source for peonies?

mylab123
9 years ago

It has been so many years since I ordered bare root peonies that I have forgotten my source. Perhaps White Flower Farms?

At any rate I wish to order a couple of bare root "Angel Cheeks" peonies.
Could someone please recommend a respected, reliable online source -hopefully reasonably priced - though a good price is not absolutely necessary, a healthy plant is all important to me

Thanks so much for any recommendations!

Comments (3)

• pwin
    9 years ago

In this thread (link below) a bunch of people discussed US and Canadian nurseries. It's a lot to get through, but people included pictures of their orders (which is awesome!).

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb received roots

• lizbest1
    9 years ago

There are several places I'd recommend with no reservations, mylab123. Most rotate their offerings yearly so they won't have the same stock every season, you might have to look for the variety you want from several sources. hollingsworthpeonies.com , songsparrow.com, peonyparadise.com, finagardenspeonies.com and adpeonies.com are ones I've personally ordered from and would recommend without reservation. I've never gotten an unhealthy root or mislabeled plant from any of them. Hollingsworth in particular has excellent customer service, I probably ordered more from them for that reason than all of the others combined. I'd go through those major sellers and find one that has Angel Cheeks this year. You might find it at several sites at slightly different prices. I will also say the roots from Fina were enormous last year, doesn't seem to have made much difference in the size of the 1st year plant, though, so I don't know if that should be a deciding factor!

• mylab123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I apologize for taking so long to respond to you both for taking the time to respond.
    Pwin, the referral gave me a new list of online plant places to roam in and LizinElizabeth?, your response refreshed my memory regarding the place I ordered my other peonies from which arrived in such excellent condition and have so excellently produced in the following years - Hollingsworthpeonies to be exact. As soon as I saw the name of that company I knew it to be the place I was so happy with.
    Thank you both so much !