Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alyciaadamo

Sarah Bernhardt

alyciaadamo
13 years ago

I have had Sarah B.- this will be 2nd spring.(3rd summer-was 2 eyes when I got her) She now has 12 eyes and still has not bloomed for me and this Spring, was the last one up. I have a Festiva Maxima that I planted the same fall it was only 1 eye last year AND BLOOMED! They are only feet away from each other. The FM is getting more water(near a drainage area) and less light-it is only two(maybe 3) eyes this year and already has a bud again! What is going on? Even one of my unknowns that is the same age and between them has one eye and I think it looks like it is budding(It's one of three Karl Rosenfield, Festiva Maxima or it is possible but not probable- Sorbet. I think sorbet has darker foliage but what do I know). When they were all first coming up I noticed SB was still in bud while the others were starting to leaf out, so I was wondering if I have it too deep. I pushed some dirt away until I got to the root then I put a real thin covering back over it. It didn't seem like it was too deep. Any ideas? Or is Sarah B a late bloomer?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH