Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To Sorbet or Not to Sorbet...(Pics)

Posted by houdinii KS (My Page) on
Wed, May 28, 08 at 21:20

Okay, my peony blooms from last week led me to believe I received a Mons. Jules Elie plant from Walmart as opposed to the packaged Sorbet variety. However, now that some of the side buds have bloomed, I'm thinking maybe it is Sorbet! These side buds are less full and have a more prominent white layer than last week's blooms.

I updated my flickr account with these Sorbet looking blooms, they are a lot different than the ones I labeled as Mons. Jules Elie last week...(reference link).

Here is a link that might be useful: My Sorbet Peony Pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To Sorbet or Not to Sorbet...(Pics)

Thanks for posting pictures of your peonies! Can't help you identify, but love looking.

Mine are still full of buds ready to burst open!! I'm anxious with anticipation!!

Judye

o

It's fun watching them grow and then finally bloom!

I'm pretty confident it is Sorbet, but I'm 99% sure Walmart messed up on the package they labeled Edulis Superba, since mine bloomed completely white with just a few petals edged/tinged with red. Even so, I am happy with the white; eventually it will provide a nice contrast to the pinks.

I wish I had a better camera to take pictures with other than my camera phone. Hope you can post pics of your peonies. This morning I brought in a stem that had 3 side buds on it. In about an hour they opened up; it's fun to bring some inside to enjoy.

o

You took those with a camera phone??? Nice job! I'm not sure about the id, either. I've only got one peony open right now. It's an unnamed supposedly coral colored one. It's really pretty, so I guess the name doesn't really matter. I've got lots more waiting to open. I'll try and get some shots and post them on the gallery. Every year, I seem to see at least one more I gotta have. Your pics of Angel Cheeks makes me think....gotta get it! Thanks for sharing your photos, they're beautiful!

o

flowerluvr,

Did you take some pictures of this year's blooms?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here