Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doggonegardener

I am SO excited...

doggonegardener
17 years ago

When we first moved into our house in '98 there were two rather large bunches of peonies in front of the front porch. One was regular, light pink and one was a lovely fuschia shade. The bloomed readily that first season with a lovely show. The previous owner really must have known how to grow them...that or she was amazingly lucky.

Well, I liked them so much I got all ambitious in the fall and dug and divied them so they were in several different locations all around our lot.

That was the END of the blooming. I was so depressed.

Well, after several years of no blooming I finally decided that they had had enough time to "settle in" and that there must be something other than the actual digging and moving working against me.

I researched them here and found I had planted them too deep. I dug them all again and lifted them right up to the top.

This season I am glad to report that with the help of this forum...I am awaiting a nice bloom. Nothing as large as originally present but they have nice tall stalks with multiple buds just about ready to burst.

I cannot wait to see if they really put on a show!

Thank you all so much!

Maybe I will post a pic. They are not "special" in terms of variety but I am just so pleased that they seem to be back.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone