Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fussyqueenbee

tree peonys what have i done wrong

fussyqueenbee
17 years ago

I planted my tree peony collection 5 in all after arrival in the spring of 2005. I planted in a protected area that gets 6 hours of morning sun per day. I planted them 2 inches above the graft line. This spring only one tree showed any growth a stem with several leaves from bottom of plant. It has now turned completely brown and shriveled up. What have I done wrong? No other trees show any life at all. I ordered 4 replacements because they look dead to me. I just received the replacements and planted them in new location under same conditions. Three of four trees are growing leaves. I transplanted the year old tree with shriveled brown leaves to this new location. Do any of the experts out there think last years trees might still be alive? if so how can i tell. Also is there any hope for the newly transplanted tree and what could have caused it to turn brown? All advice will be greatley appreciated. And would it be a good idea to feed shriveled brown tree with fish emulsion, could it help?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?