Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tree peonies - flowering?

Posted by dang zone 3 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 25, 09 at 7:55

I have an 8-9 yr. old tree peony (unknown variety) that flowered well last year but this year has shown no buds. Is this faily common for a tree peony to "skip" a year? The weather and care the plant has received this year is very similar to last year's...

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tree peonies - flowering?

Not in my experience. Tree peonies are not fussy about being planted too deep and are reliable bloomers. Shade seems to be the ingredient most affecting the bloom. Too much shade will reduce the amount of bloom, but not usually changing much in a years time. Al

o
RE: tree peonies - flowering?

I had the same problem with a couple of my tree peonies this year. Either no bloom or very little bloom. We had a rather dry fall and spring so I am thinking that might have had some effect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here