Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjsee_gw

Retail Source for 'Music Man'?

mjsee
16 years ago

I just discovered that there is a Peony named "Music Man." I'd love to get hold of one...as a memorial for a young man. Anyone have a source? The Google, she does nothing. And I'm usually The Google Queen...

Additionally--does anyone know much about this peony? Here in zone 7b we do better with early or mid-flowering types...gets too hot otherwise.

melanie

Comments (8)

• jayco
    16 years ago

Peonygarden.com has it. (I've never bought from them personally, so this isn't a recommendation.)

• jayco
    16 years ago

Hey, you know, since this is a Wild's peony, you might try writing them and asking if they have it. Gilbert Wild doesn't seem to list all the cultivars they have, and they say in their catalog you should contact them for special requests.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gilbert Wild

• mjsee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jayco--I've emailed wilds. Thank you. I'll post a link to why THIS particular peony is important...

melanie

Here is a link that might be useful: Music Man

• mjsee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thomas passed away Tuesday evening. He had a stroke last Ocotober...and went into hospice about two weeks ago. He was an emotionally strong young man, with amazing intelligence and talent...and a faulty body.

Here is a link to pictures of our production of "The Music Man" in 2005. Just click on the cast photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: Music Man pics

• mjsee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, and so everyone knows...the "automatic email feature" isn't working...at least not for me!

melanie

• jayco
    16 years ago

Good luck with it, Melanie, and I'm sorry for your loss!

• mjsee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jayco--thank you. Thomas was a special young man. His parents are dear friends. His passing was a blessing. He had a stroke in mid-October and had been in pretty much constant pain since. He died quietly, at home. The loss is more for what might have been. He accomplished more in 22 years than many do in a lifetime...against astonishing odds.

I've had e-mail contact with the owner of Wild's...he responded very quickly to my query. They don't have 'Music Man' in production for this year...it will be available in '08. I'm now wondering if it's appropriate for this climate...we usually do best with early or mid-season peonies..and MM is listed as late.

I'll do some more research.

Thanks for the leads!

melanie

• mjsee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Interesting...peonygarden has it listed as a mid-season. hmmm. Clearly a trip to the library is warranted.

melanie