Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dinner Plate?

Posted by getyourleash z7 Mid-Atl USA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 11:09

I posted this picture on another thread and now after looking through peony pictures, I am beginning to wonder about the label. I bought the lame looking little plant at a very reputable garden shop near me. It was on discount ($2.50!) because they were clearing out their greenhouses for next spring. I bought it 2 years ago in November and took it home and planted it the same day. I ignored it until this spring because it had the biggest blooms I've ever seen. Scent is mild, but like honey. Would you agree that this is Dinner Plate? Anyone else grow Dinner Plate and have a photo?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dinner Plate?

Looks more like Sarah Barnhardt...

o
RE: Dinner Plate?

It does look a bit lighter than I'd expect but the main difference is how big the bloom gets. Is it as massive as Dinner Plate gets? I don't have that one now but it's coming in the fall, ordered it because of the supposed 12" blooms. Sarah B is smaller by a good third. Which size is yours closer to, getyourleash? Regardless it is a beautiful flower!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here