Return to the Peonies Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amazing Peonies at Royal Botanical gardens

Posted by akulina (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 11:53

These beauties are:
Annisquam (I was blown away by this one! It is as huge and as frangrant as a dream!)
Blaze
Catherine Fontijn
Elsa Sass
Ethel Mars
Fiona
Jay Cee
Lake of Silver (ah, I love it, I adore it!)
Orlando Roberts
Reine Supreme
Rose Pearl - (it seems to be rare, I could not find it anywhere... But it is just breathtaking!)
Ruth Lokie
Salmon Glow (strange, I thought it supposed to be single)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amazing Peonies at Royal Botanical gardens

akulina those are breathtaking. Thank you for posting those big beautiful pictures for us.

o

Yes, thank you - they are LOVELY. I don't have any of those - so many peonies, so little yard. . . .

Laurel

o

Wonderful pictures. In looking at Carsten's website. I think the one you list as Salmon Glow is Salmon Glory. Both were hybridized by the same person. I evy you the chance to see the gardens.

o

maifleur, It is strange with Salmon Glow/Glory - I thought that it was a mix up too... I took pictures of all plant tags and markers - and it sais Glow... Probably their mistake. It happens. :) Stunning flower, whatever it is...

I tried to find some of these cultivars (very understandable craving, after that spectacular show!) - and could not. BTW, all of them pretty good landscapers, too. Hold their shape beautifully, strong stems. Anyway - no luck finding them anywhere.

Have anyone seen Rose Pearl, Lake of Silver and Annisquam for sale anywhere? These are my favourites...

o

Annisquam you can find at www.songsparrow.com. They used to have Rose Pearl you might ask if they are planning to have it next year. Do a search with the name of the peony preceeded with the word peony you might be able to find a better price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Peonies Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here